The partners who make up Collaborative Housing provide information, advice and technical support to those who wish to deliver community-led housing projects. The partnership is still developing. The aim is that local experts from across the Thames Valley will offer packages tailored to your needs. Together we can take you from initial concept to homes on the ground.
Forming a group
- Including community-led housing delivery routes, organisational and legal entity structures, group processes and decision-making methods, community engagement, group visioning, governance and accountability.
Evidencing and consultation
- Including Housing Needs Surveys, research and data analysis and consultation strategy
Finding a site
- Including identifying sites and negotiating acquisition of land and property
- Including sourcing housing development funding, obtaining initial pro bono professional support, support for budgeting and financial planning, guiding grant proposals
- Including signposting to specialist legal and professional services, preparing viable business plans and financial appraisal, signposting to design/architectural expertise, advice on project management, identifying and managing risks and negotiating with the Local Authority
- Including advice on development finance, managing development projects and construction, selecting partners and consultants, preparing feasibility studies, design and building options, pre-planning / planning application development, managing contracts and negotiating with developers
- Including advice on managing finance, managing buildings, group processes, regulatory requirements, allocations and membership.
Need help? Have any questions?
Whether you are a group, Local Authority, landowner or potential development partner please do get in touch with our dedicated community-led housing team.Contact us